There are a great many photography competitions out there for professionals and non-professionals alike, but the AOP Awards continues to be regarded as the original and the best – a celebration of exceptional work by the industry’s elite. Being selected for entry into the AOP Awards Book and accompanying exhibition is one of the highest accolades available to photographers around the world.
We have three Awards:
The Open Awards
Open to the everyone, the public and those both professional and amateur, young or old, new to photography or a seasoned artist. These awards have no restrictions, the images, be they still or moving, are the stars. Exciting and innovative work is encouraged.
The Photography Awards
Open to AOP Accredited and Assisting Photographer Members, they are a celebration of the best from those working professionally in the commercial, fine art and creative sectors.
The Student Awards
A celebration of the best in photography amongst students, helping to provide that all important step up to the professional arena. By supporting new emerging talent, the Awards are an opportunity to get a first look at the potential stars of tomorrow.
Competition is high
- 3500 images were entered into last year’s competition
- 274 finalist images were selected
- 50 images selected as winners (54 including the Student Awards)
- 1,000 guests from across the British photographic industry attended the Awards presentation party in October at the Old Truman Brewery in London
- 2,800 people in total attended the 4-day exhibition and events programme