Entries open: 11 October 2019
Entries close: 23 March 2020
AOP Student Awards are a celebration of the best in photography amongst students, helping to provide that all-important step up to the professional arena. By supporting new emerging talent, the Awards are an opportunity to get a first look at the potential stars of tomorrow.
New for this year is the addition of being able to enter Moving Image & Innovation as well as Stills into each category as outlined below:
A single image or series of images (3-4) can be entered.
A piece of moving imagery up to 7 minutes in length, content is up to you but must demonstrate your understanding and skills within the medium. All entries in this category must reference whether the work is a collaboration with another artist be it a director, editor, colour-grader, musician, etc., or whether it is the independent work of the photographer. You may wish to illustrate the creative use of technologies, for example AR, VR, CGI or any other technique.
An example of excellence that illustrates the creative use of technologies and innovation in the production of still images. This can be AR, VR, CGI or any other technique.
Gold and Silver Awards plus one overall Best in Show will be awarded.
Covers any genre of people-photography from portraiture to street photography, photo-journalism and beyond. It is an opportunity to make visual comments about the human condition. In previous ‘Portrait’ categories, animal pictures have been featured but the originators of this category feel that entries this year should only feature the human race.
Interior, exterior, car-park or mountain-top – the choice is yours and the possibilities almost endless. Show us where you’ve been and what you saw.
Covers almost everything else. Think Irving Penn’s found objects, Mapplethorpe’s flowers, Ori Gersht’s explosions; cats, dogs, bats and monkeys by Tim Flach, and sublime still-lifes by Richard Maxted, and then make something unique and sensational of your own. We can’t wait to see your work.
AOP Members: £5.75 per image
Non Members: £8.50 per image
AOP Lecturer of the Year and AOP Course of the Year
If you study on an AOP Accredited Course you can nominate your course and lecturer for AOP Course of the Year and AOP Lecturer of the Year.
• You MUST be an AOP Student Member
• You must be studying on an AOP Accredited Course
AOP Course of the Year
Why do you consider your course worth nominating? Consider the following questions in your response:
- Has it helped you with your career aspirations or personal goals?
- How has the course challenged you, your work and your preconceptions?
- What is the value of the education you have received?
- What are the values of the teaching team; for example the ethics, the copyright and business practices they teach?
- What are the facilities available to you and other students?
- How much interaction with professional organisations and leading figures in the industry have you had?
AOP Lecturer of the Year
Do you think your lecturer deserves special recognition? Consider the following points in your response:
- Why you would like your lecturer to be put forward for this award?
- How have they helped you with reaching career and personal goals?
- How have they gone above and beyond what is expected of them?
Don’t forget if you are an AOP Student Member studying on an AOP Accredited Course you can become an AOP Student member for free. If you would like to become an AOP member, please click here.