Entries are now closed.
AOP Student Awards are a celebration of the best in photography amongst students, helping to provide that all important step up to the professional arena. By supporting new emerging talent, the Awards are an opportunity to get a first look at the potential stars of tomorrow.
Curator: Zelda Cheatle
Covers any form of people-photography from portraiture to street photography , photojournalism and beyond. It is an opportunity to make visual comments about the human race and its ways. In Previous ‘Portrait’ categories, animal pictures have been featured but the originators of this category feel that entries this year should feature the human race.
Curator: Simon Norfolk
Rather than duplicate possible locations such as landscapes and architecture, we offer this category which provides unlimited opportunities. We promise that we will be as flexible as you need us to be.
Curator: Alicia Hart
Covers almost everything else. Think Irving Penn’s gutters, Mapplethorpes flowers, Ori Gersht’s explosions; cats, dogs, bats and monkeys by Tim Flach, and sublime still-lifes by Richard Maxted then make something unique and sensational of your own. We can’t wait to see your work.
AOP Members: £5.75 per image
Non Members: £8.50 per image
AOP Lecturer of the Year and AOP Course of the Year
If you study on an AOP Affiliated Course you can nominate your course and lecturer for AOP Course of the Year.
-You MUST be an AOP Student Member
-This must be an AOP Affiliated Course
AOP Course of the Year
Why do you consider your course worth nominating? Consider the following questions in your response:
- Has it helped you with your career aspirations or personal goals
- How has the course challenged you, your work and your preconceptions
- The value of the education you have received
- The values of the teaching team; for example the ethics, the copyright and business practices they teach
- Facilities available to you and other students
- Interaction with professional organisations and leading figures in the industry
Nominations are now closed
AOP Lecturer of the Year
Do you think your lecturer deserves special recognition? Consider the following points in your response:
- Why you would like your lecturer to be put forward for this award?
- Have they helped you with reaching career and personal goals?
- Have they gone above and beyond what is expected of them?
Nominations are now closed
An individually made personalised portfolio book or box from Hartnack & Co.
A one-to-one Portfolio Review with curator and editor Zelda Cheatle
Don’t forget if you are an AOP Student Member studying on an AOP Affiliated Course you can become an AOP Student member for free. If you would like to become an AOP member, please click here.