AOP Awards 2019
Photography Category Sponsors
Fashion and Beauty Awards: MOT Models
Portrait and Student Awards: Fixation
Project & Discovery Award: Direct Digital
Open Category Sponsors
Stills & Moving Image: Lumix
Innovation: Stanley’s Post
Student Awards Sponsors
The AOP Awards are without doubt one of the most prestigious competitions in commercial professional photography. Now in its 35th year, the competition remains highly regarded by commissioners, art buyers and photographers alike. Last year’s event welcomed over 1,000 guests to the presentation ceremony and over 2,000 visitors across the 3 day exhibition.
The 2019 Awards promises to be even bigger as we return to take residency in the main foyer of One Canada Square, Canary Wharf for a seven-week exhibition of over 250 finalist images from 15 April to 31 May 2019 culminating in a prestigious presentation reception of 1,000 specially invited VIP guests from the image-making sector on Tuesday 14 May at the East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf. One Canada Square was the location of the AOP50 exhibition, this year we expect to welcomed over 50,000 individual visitors over seven weeks of the exhibition.
This exciting and much-anticipated event offers your brand a major opportunity to be associated with a leading photography competition, along with extensive exposure to top creatives in the business and arts sector as well as business professionals and members of the public.
This year we have introduced some new categories and have reintroduced Gold and Silver awards, and additionally, in the case of the Open Awards, Bronze. The exhibition is presented in partnership with the Canary Wharf Group’s Public Arts Programme.
About the Awards
- The Awards are open for entries between September 2018 and February 2019
- Dedicated AOP Awards website
- 3,500 entries are submitted each year
- 250 finalist images will be chosen for the exhibition
- 24 ‘winners’
- 8 potential Discovery Award* winners (Assisting Photographer Members are eligible to enter the Photography, enabling us to nurture these new talents)
- 2,000 limited editions of ‘The Book’ of finalist and best in category images from the Photography, Open and Student Awards. The Book is given free to art buyers, commissioners and photographers across the country, and is available to buy on site and via the Awards website
- 7 week exhibition in the main foyer of One Canada Square, Canary Wharf
- 9,000 individual week day visitors and 1,000 visitors over weekends
- 50,000 individual visitors over the duration of the exhibition
- 1,000 guests at the Awards presentation reception, by invitation only
- 10 months of promotion activity leading up to the exhibition conclusion in June 2019, including press releases, monthly AOP newsletters (17,500 contacts), fortnightly member updates (2,200 contacts), 6,700 Instagram, 5,700 LinkedIn, 12,200 Twitter and 10,000 Facebook followers
Packages can be tailored to fit individual needs and budgets. For more information or to discuss the AOP and its work please contact
Association of Photographers
email@example.com / 020 7739 6669